What are our intentions behind the Concept?
The current Endgame has a few issues and missed opportunities we want to improve on. One of the most important points is to let the top Realms enjoy the full time of the endgame with the strategic most interesting content: The fight for Towers and Orbs. The weakest Realms in contrast get a clear and realistic goal they better can act on: Surviving on their island as long as possible. Also, we want Eternal Orbs not to be an alternative winning condition but to serve the Orb ranking. They will have the same value as normal Orbs but can't be stolen. So a lot of Eternal Orbs are produced during one cycle of an Anvil being open and Realms already get some for holding the Anvil for a shorter period of time.
Endgame Concept in detail
Once the three sacred Moons align and form the Full Moon Trinity, the Eternal Anvils of Arkheim shall activate.
With the power of the Moons, they will forge the Eternal Orbs.
Divine artifacts that hold the Power to reach Eternal Light...
What happens during Endgame?
The Endgame is the last 2 weeks of a game round, weeks 9 and 10. These 2 weeks will determine who wins the game round. Once the Endgame begins, the following will happen on all islands:
- All Ascension Gates close. It is no longer possible to change the island.
- Entering and leaving a Realm is no longer possible. All Realms stay as they are.
- New accounts cannot be created anymore on that server.
- All diplomatic statuses between all Realms become "War status".
- Training Grounds close and no new Goblin Barricades appear.
A Tower is no longer bound to the members of the Realm, but to the Realm itself:
- Towers can no longer be dismantled or destroyed.
- If a Tower is conquered, it is automatically claimed by the victorious Realm, regardless of Tower slot availability. There is no longer a limit in Towers that can be claimed.
- After conquering a tower, troops will stay stationed at the Tower.
- Damage dealt to Portals or Towers during conquering missions is doubled.
- The construction time of portals will be reduced to 12 hours during the Endgame.
- All ascensions that were in progress get canceled.
What is the Goal of the Game?
With the new Endgame, the scoring change. There is no priority of Eternal Orbs anymore, but they are simply added up with normal Orbs held. Also, Realms with 0 Orbs are not ranked by their amount of Orbs but by the time they survived on their island.
At the moment, the Game World ends, for each island a final ranking happens:
- First, all Realms that managed to stay on the island without getting defeated and holding at least 1 Orb at the end are ranked by Orbs (from a higher amount to lower amount):
- Number of Orbs hold in the Towers (not overflowing) plus Eternal Orbs
- After that, all Realms that did not manage to hold at least one Orb at the end (mainly by gotten defeated) are ranked:
- Time on their island
The four Anvils
Each island will have 4 Eternal Anvilsthat will generate Eternal Orbs over time. By conquering and holding an Eternal Avil Eternal Orbs are produced for the Realm over time.
Eternal Anvil positioning
On each island, the 4 Eternal Anvils, called Samuda, Duka, Magga, and Niro, will spawn on certain positions of the map:
- White Cells: Spots for spawning Realms
- Blue Cells: Ascension Gates
- Red Cells: Rare Supplies
- Red Cells with numbers: Eternal Anvils
Defeat the Demons
Each Eternal Anvil is active for 12 hours per cycle. Every time an Eternal Anvil activates, Demons spawn, and a 12 hours countdown begins. The Eternal Anvil will stay active until this timer runs out. Battles at Eternal Anvils can only be performed by Fallen, the same troops that you have used for the Dungeon before Endgame began.
Eternal Anvil - Inactive
Lead your Fallen to War:
- Warlords can now be switched to Fallen Warlords, and back to regular Warlords again. You can attach Fallen troops to Fallen Warlords and lead them to war at the Eternal Anvils.
- Fallen Warlords move 5x faster on the map.
- The troop slots of Fallen Warlords will be 5x the size of their regular version. So, a Warlord that has three slots for 800 Infantry units will have slots for 4000 Fallen Infantry units when transformed.
- Fallen will provide only 20% of the XP of normal troops.
- Unlike during Dungeon battles, Fallen troops that are defeated during the endgame, stay defeated.
- During the time, no Realm holds the Eternal Anvil, no Eternal Orbs are produced.
Eternal Anvil - Active & being held by Demons
If a Realm defeats the Demons:
- Each participant of the battle that defeated the Demons receives a random equipment item from the drop Table of Dungeon Stage 70 and side note 10.
- The Fallen Warlords of the Realm stay at the Eternal Anvil and will start to collect Eternal Energy. They now have to defend the Anvil for as long as possible, since other greedy Realms will approach with their Fallen Warlords to claim the Eternal Orbs for themselves. The fight for the Eternal Orb begins now.
- Not anymore: The Realm that defeats the Demons no longer gets a certain number of Orbs that will be stored in their Ark (like it was in the old endgame concept).
Eternal Anvil - Active & being held by a Realm
The battle for Eternal Orbs
The Realm holding an Eternal Anvil will receive Eternal Orbs while controlling that Anvil.
- During a Realm holds an Eternal Anvil, it will collect all Eternal Orbs produced by that Anvil.
- The production rate of Eternal Orbs will increase with every hour the Anvil is active and also depends on the island:
Eternal Orb production per hour (for the Realm that holds the Tower)
- Eternal Orbs are accumulated over time - so you will gain them even if your Realm did not hold the Anvil for a full hour.
The moment the 12-hours timer runs out, the following happens:
- If Demons are still on the Eternal Anvil by the time the timer runs out, no Realm will have collected any Eternal Orbs.
- The Eternal Anvil becomes inactive and can no longer be attacked
All Warlords begin their return to the position where they were stationed before.
- All Warlords that were on their way to the Anvil turn back the moment the Anvil becomes inactive.
- Warlords that are sent to inactive Anvils and arrive while it is still inactive, turn back immediately.
Realms can be defeated
During the Endgame, a Realms gets defeated, instead of relocated if it does not own any map objects besides the Ark anymore (Towers, Goblin Forts, Anvils, and Portals). The longer a Realm "survived" on an island, the higher it gets ranked in the final ranking. If it survived until the end, it's Orbs count instead.
If a Realm has no map object left, a grace period might apply.
This period is calculated from a base period depending on the island and additional time that comes from the realm's Eternal Orbs
If a Realm manages to get control of any map object, the countdown is removed and reset.
Grace period depending on the island:
Grace period from Eternal Orbs
- Eternal orbs held increase the realm's grace period
- 1 Eternal Orb counts as 1 additional second for the grace period
- After the island grace period runs out, eternal orbs are consumed to pay for the additional time
- Once the grace timer runs out, all Eternal Orbs are depleted and the realm is defeated
Eternal Anvil Cycles
Once the Endgame begins, the timer on the central Eternal Anvil begins.
- Each Anvil is active for 12 hours and then deactivates for 18 hours.
- The central Anvil activates as soon as the Endgame starts, the other Anvils activate 3, 15, and 18 hours later in the order indicated in the in-game 'Endgame Timeline' window.
This leads to the following cycle:
- Hour 0-12: 1st Eternal Anvil activates (central Anvil).
- Hour 3-15: 2nd Eternal Anvil activates
- Hour 15-03: 3rd Eternal Anvil activates
- Hour 18-06: 4th Eternal Anvil activates
2nd cycle starts:
- Hour 6-18: 1st Eternal Anvil activates (central Anvil).
- Hour 9-21: 2nd Eternal Anvil activates
- Hour 21-09: 3rd Eternal Anvil activates
- Hour 0-12: 4th Eternal Anvil activates
3rd cycle starts:
- Hour 12-0: 1st Eternal Anvil activates (central Anvil).
- → The cycle continues
Optional Defense Bonus
The Realm controlling an Eternal Anvil will have the possibility to activate a fighting strength bonus of 30% in defense of this Anvil by donating resources:
- Island IV: 30 mil (10 mil per resource)
- Island III: 18 mil (6 mil per resource)
- Island II: 9 mil (3 mil per resource)
- Island I: 6 mil (2 mil per resource)
This Bonus can not be taken over and all already donated resources or the acquired bonus will be lost when the Anvil closes or another Realm takes control.