You thought you know the depths of the Dungeon? Think again...
As of S10 the Dungeon will be thoroughly reworked and offers a more diverse and exciting PvE experience, allowing you to make choices, walk your individual path through the demon hordes, go for the loot you want, and discover old, forgotten secrets of Arkheim.
The true Dungeon
New Dungeon charge production
The Dungeon produces one Dungeon charge every 6 hours. It is possible to store up to 10 of them.
New Dungeon Structure
The Dungeon will consist of 5 Dungeon stages - each stage has an entry point and a point where the player might continue to the next level. There is a path that connects the entry and exit path. From each knot of this path, there might be one path going out from there with additional knots.
At the end of each of these additional paths, there is a guaranteed item drop with a higher probability of having a better rarity.
The Stage names are:
- Stage 1: Dungeon Entrance
- Stage 2: Befallen Spires
- Stage 3: Forgotten Effigies
- Stage 4: Gilded Walkway
- Stage 5: Throne Room
Example of a Dungeon stage. Each game world will have different loots and side-path lengths.
The entry point is at the left & the entry to the next Dungeon Stage in the middle of the top screen.
Generation of the Dungeon stages
- Each Dungeon stage contains 15 red dots that are placed - fitting the graphic of the stage
Each of those red knots might have 3-10 green sub-knots
- A maximum number of green sub-knots will be defined and graphically indicated
- For each game world, the length of each green sub-path is generated randomly
Main path and Side paths
- There are 15 knots (red) of the main path in each stage.
- Each knot might have sub-knots (green).
- At the end of each of those sub-knots, there is a knot with only one item in it (yellow). This item is always more likely to have a higher quality than the items from previous knots.
- All other red & green knots contain 5 waves of rewards/demons. Which means they can be cleared up to 5 times each.
- Once a knot is cleared 5 times, it is "purged" and cannot be depleted again.
- Demon Warlords and fighting strength are based on the source knot
- The deeper the knot, the higher will be the fighting strength
How Enemies & Loot is used for the Dungeon:
- In each revealed knot, all 5 possible rewards of the knot are shown
Every time you defeat a demon wave in that knot, one of the five rewards will drop. Then, 4 rewards remain in that knot.
Also: The system will no longer check how many items a player already has of one type, but rotation in the slot category (start with one item type, then always rotate in the same way).
Once you overcome one Demon wave:
- You receive the XP value that was attached to the Demons
- You receive one of the five possible rewards
- Once the reward is collected it is crossed through and can't be collected again. The other rewards remain
- The new Demon wave of this knot is shown
- The next knot is unlocked
- After clearing a not 5 times, the status of the knot will change to "Purge Complete".
If you lose:
- The Dungeon wave remains
- The loot remains and is not shown
- You get only 50% of the XP
Shared view within the Realm
The paths of the Dungeon are hidden (fog of war-like environment). Whenever any of the Realm members overcome the Demons one time, in one knot, the following knot(s) are revealed (but still not accessible for the other players of the Realm).
The first clearer of each wave is shown with the fighting strength they cleared the wave with. The respective report is linked for each member in the Realm to watch. This allows your Realm members to get a feeling for the strength needed to clear it.
Each Realm member must individually overcome the Demons of a level one time in order to unlock the access to the level after that. But based on the shared view, he might decide not to unlock a side path.
Changing between the Dungeon Stages
Once one member of the Realm unlocked an additional stage, all players will change to this view. The new view becomes available for all Realm members as soon as a player successfully raided the last knot of the former stage
What is your take on the new Dungeon? Share with us your thoughts and questions in the live Dev-Talk on Discord tomorrow, Thursday 20th of May at 4PM CEST.
Your Arkheim Team