I can feel it in my bones, the day is upon us and we will be victorious! Enemies will be crushed under our hammers! But it is not today... Retreat!!
Once again, we wish to grant you a sneak peek behind the scenes and we are looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the feature currently in development: Realm Retreat (working title).
In a situation where one Realm is clearly weaker than another Realm, the game can get hopeless for the weaker Realm. A defeated team that has lost most of its supplies, troops and towers will have a very hard time recovering if it keeps being located next to one or more mighty Realms. The new features “Retreat” and “Defeated” will allow a Realm to leave everything behind and escape to a different spot on the map. This way, the weaker Realm gets a chance to recover and its members are not forced to abandon it.
Time to retreat and relocate
- Allow realms that are beaten down to recover
- Avoid map locations where progress or victory is impossible for a Realm
- Using the Retreat feature, a Realm is moved to another spot on the map. The Retreat feature is triggered by vote of the Realm members and the relocation follows the same rules as in a normal ascension:
- There will be an additional voting option available: "Retreat" (working title).
- In order to retreat, 2/3 of the Realm members have to vote for it.
- Once the vote finishes, and if 2/3 of Realm members voted to retreat, a 12-hour timer begins - just like in the case of an ascension. After 12 hours the Realm's Ark is placed on the free Realm location, on which the next ascending/spawning Realm would normally be placed.
- All Towers, Orbs and Supplies are left behind (just like after an ascension).
After the Realm has retreated, the same amount of ruins can be claimed (just like after an ascension).
When a Realm is defeated
A Realm is considered defeated once the last tower has been conquered by an enemy Realm. The “Defeated” feature works the same way as the “Retreat” and places the Realm on a new location on the map. The only difference is that the relocation is not triggered by vote and, unlike the “Retreat by vote”, the relocation due to defeat has no 12-hour waiting time. The Realm will be able to have a fresh start right after being defeated.
The relocation of your Realm, in case of Retreat or if being defeated, will be possible as of Midiata (Island II).
Communication of the relocation
- After a Realm has retreated, a dialogue opens that explains what happened (like the dialogue that appears when a player is placed in a different Realm after a long time of inactivity).
In both types of relocation instance (the voluntary retreat or being defeated) the same text is shown, explaining:
- The Realm has changed location.
- A Realm changes location when its members have voted for it or when the Realm’s last tower has been conquered.
- New neighboring Realms are now weaker than before the relocation.
Your Arkheim – Realms at War team