Dual Accounting

• Should Dual Accounts Be Allowed? 47

1. Yes (21) 45%
    2. No (26) 55%

Okay this is my last attempt to show the developers what the community thinks about dual accounts. It will be anonymous so please vote in the poll below. I'm pretty curious to see what the results will be. 8o

Thank you everyone who continues to make this game an enjoyable game to play~

• I trust you in a heartbeat to register 20 new accounts "to make a point".

I hope the Arkheim team can see who were the ones who voted and how long they are already registered in this forum - and then share that information with us to expose your five hundred's attempt to ban dual-accounts.

/enti

• I'm sure the devs can see who voted. I had the option to turn on the votes where it shows who voted but I thought some people wouldn't want to be noticed that they voted for a certain one. I'm sure if that option is there, the Devs can also see who voted... Thanks for your constant support and faith enti :)

• i would like to know why we need to have dual accounts, warlord on watch was placed to protect from been attack when not online , now the same players even want more advantage with dual accounts. i hope the programmer see what this is all about advantage. players who want to play alone will have no chance to compete with this accounts that will have multi players playing all the time. i can see the future of the game will be two to four realms of dual accounts and no one else will play.

• You assume dualing makes your account active 24/7 and single 12/7.
    This is imho a wrong assumption. Dual accounts - if not played by two people who live in opposite time zones and are always available while not eating / driving / ... - have their downtimes. And solo players, dependent on their daily schedule, their work, their way of life in general, might be online between a few log-ins from mobile up to 18 hours a day.

Maybe a dual account compensates that players do not have lots of time to play. And maybe a bored solo player (in lockdown especially) spends more time behind his screen than an average dual account.

If you are unhappy with the time coverage you can provide or your realm is unhappy with the amount of activity you can contribute - do you really want to be either nailed to your PC beyond reason or health? Or leave the team with which you want to play a server because you feel a burden for them rather than a good addition?

I fail to understand why you consider the difference in daily schedule and spare time to be 'fairer' than playing together with someone else. Imo that's nothing but replacing an inequality (that can easily be helped) by another one which is way harder to avoid.

//Lotte

• Good to keep in mind that we can't tell players not to Dual any more than we can tell players not to eat shrimps. There simply is no practical or fair way to stop 2 people from sharing one account. No poll will change this fact, while the topic is an interesting one.

Twelve#II above shows another perspective of how duals can actually give a better game experience to those without enough time (and for other reasons). It is a welcome option to play together on one account, as long as neither player owns any other accounts in the same game world.

• first do we all agree that a dual account is more advantageous than a single account and that it gives the account a better chance to win. is this not the reason to have it. each player has the same advantage in a game that is played with equal settings, in my eyes i see dual account as not been fair play, not in this game nor any other that i have played. all players have the same chance in playing in single accounts and that will be taken away. no matter what excuses are giving for having dual account the button one will be an advantage over single accounts.

• Yes, dual account is definetly more advantageous than a single account but,

1) Is there a real way to stop dualing?

No, as far as I understand there is no feasible way like Samisu mentioned above. For example, the policy of some game companies is that one person can not share his/her account with anyone(1 person per account), but this rule has little application. Like its forbidden in League of Legends but everyone share their accounts with their friends.

2) Will the competition in the game become more fair if dualing is banned?

No, I am sure that pw sharing/multi-accounting will more common if dualing becomes forbidden too. And single players gotta spend their whole time for the game to catch the competition with pw sharing/multi-accounting teams. I think this is not a desired result.

Here are some suggestions to reduce the gap between duals and singles and reduce pw sharing/multi-accounting problem at the same time:

1)Leaders should be able to refill warlords on watch.
    2) Implement "sitter" option like Travian.
    3)Make servers according to timezones and make truce time at the night.

• first do we all agree that a dual account is more advantageous than a single account and that it gives the account a better chance to win. is this not the reason to have it. each player has the same advantage in a game that is played with equal settings, in my eyes i see dual account as not been fair play, not in this game nor any other that i have played. all players have the same chance in playing in single accounts and that will be taken away. no matter what excuses are giving for having dual account the button one will be an advantage over single accounts.

what you say is false because not every player has the same ability to be online as the other. So some people already start with a handicap. and it allows these players who cant' be online as often to also play the game as it should be played.

There's no reason to see it as unfair since everyone can do it. atleast that's my view on it

Yes, having a real life and kids is also disadvantageous to people. Also having money with good internet, computer and some extra sapphires is also advantageous. This is all true. I do not see how the developers plan to compensate for these differences, as they are balanced out by having a dual so that you can split the 24 hour workload of the account into multiple players.

On the other hand, a single player who owns multiple accounts is causing severe disadvantages. Or let's say a team of 5 players who controls 30-45 accounts. Because in this game, activity is not the strongest thing to have, it is actually the quantity of accounts. This is why it is devastating to a realm to face a 2v1, even if they are slightly more active than the other 2. This problem is further worsened when it becomes a 3v1, or 4v1. What's the problem? You have 30 players on 15 accounts versus 5 players on 45 accounts.

This is a team game, and duaing is respective with teamwork. However, multi-accounting is blatant cheating, where you are so strong in your beliefs and cannot work with others, that you simply prefer to create more accounts for yourself.