S4 - Patch Notes - 30.09.2020

• First of all, I think I speak for all the (active) players when I say: Thank you for explaining and interacting with us. We appreciate it.

Resource production

As I said before. Reducing the production is and was the easiest way to fix "the" problem. Not the best, but probably the fastest.

Many people complained often and loudly that there are too many res available. Or phrased differently: That there is not enough to do with the res.

The game does not force us to make decisions. We can do both, donate and build up your own village.

Violet's complaint / fear is unfounded because of 2 reasons:

1. Only top realms are disciplined enough to donate when you can still build stuff in your own village.

2. Even as a top realm you cannot ignore your own village on island2 and 3 because in the first days of a new island you need its economy to get the supplies running.

To sum it up: I think lowering the res-income was better than doing nothing.

But even better would have been to invent 3 new "things" that also need res. Upgrading your troops, upgrading your warlords, new expensive buildings, new donation-targets, whatever.

Unit Balancing: I understand the attraction of the defensive bonus. But the overall feeling with the defense bonus was described by many players as "trench war". It should feel good to attack and it should not be so easy to counter a big attack that was set up. The other unit changes are made to balance out both races better.

Yeah, it does feel like a "trench war" aka WW1. But is that bad? War in general feels very simple and according to the motto: "drown them in your troops". Basically you fill your WL, send them ANYWHERE, let them die, refill them, attack again. Until your opponent runs out of troops.

That's how Arkheim wars feel like. Having a WW1-feeling where you cannot mindlessly attack is actually a big improvement to the alternative that you just reduce your troops and your opponents in senseless grinders until one side cannot feed the grinder.

• Let's remember what are the main complaints and comments about the game.

1 too much diplomacy, it's tiring.

2 the inability to realize themselves to hardcore players (the notorious averaging)

3 problems with PVP (Unprofitable)

4 Balance

Now you can look at the patch notes and draw conclusions about what was fixed and what wasn't. A large number of active players that I know (And these are those who invest money in the game) will not participate in the new round, because they were disappointed. The developers, in my opinion, do not have any clear strategy for the development of the game, and the direction that was chosen initially - continues to be supported. This means that we will also see a SIM city and a farm, with a lot of care for passive players and a huge amount of diplomacy, instead of a military strategy. I say this with great regret, because the game really had potential.

• I wander srsly who complained about too many rss in game... Nonsense!

I've played s3 from the beginning, and even with max fields and bonus buildings i could not make all buildings max, keep my troop production rolling and investing in towers and supplies...

I'm the only player from the realm, and there are probably another 14 in my realm who had the same experience. I had my team quitting on lvl 22, because it was not worth investing in grater levels and there was still lack of rss for troops and investments...

Sorry, I really don't see lowering rss income making better experience

• I wander srsly who complained about too many rss in game... Nonsense!

So neither you nor your teammates had so many troops at some point, that even constant warfare wasn't able to deplete them?

Or if I phrase it a bit differently:

Right now a "normal" war looks like this: Side 1 can refill all their warlords 10 times, Side 2 can refill only 7 times. Both sides stack all their WLs on top of each other and kill their troops, without any tactic or thought.

Once Side 2 cannot re-fill, they lose their territory and their economy.

Now with reduces resources, Side 1 may only be able to refill 7 times and Side 2 maybe 4-5 times. So every single encounter matters more. If you fight intelligently, it makes a bigger impact because there are significantly less troops available on both sides.

Countering also becomes more useful. Before it wasn't worth the effort.. now it might still not be, but at least it is worth more.

Do you disagree that fewer troops lead to a more thoughtful deployment?

• Twelve#II I can not disagree, you are right.

However... Less rss mean slower development, that also mean less investment into supplies and town improvements.

Probably better path would be to get another rss sink in game, something tied to every member in the realm, like ark improvement or smth where every member MUST participate in order to happen.

• However... Less rss mean slower development, that also mean less investment into supplies and town improvements.

Agreed

Probably better path would be to get another rss sink in game, something tied to every member in the realm, like ark improvement or smth where every member MUST participate in order to happen.

Absolutely, that's why I said they took the easiest and cheapest route.

Additional donation targets, new expensive buildings, more expensive units, anything that costs additional res would have been better than just reducing the available res.

• fighting smarter is great on paper but in reality it doesnt work for one party. The attacking party is never really able to fight "smart" every attack in the game can be countered. Objectives have to be secured, such as gates, anvils, rare supplies and there is only way one of securing them.

At some point you are forced into attacking enemy portals, and there is never something smart or intelligent about doing that. With enough time (20m +) and activity the defender can setup the perfect counter and obliterate the attacker.

All this change does is making defending and turtling even better than it was previously. There is a reason why overrunning your oppontent is the standard and best meta tactic in the game, because nothing else works as good. You cannot attack intelligent in this game, its not possible, as all information is shared in the moment you start attacking and even before, as you can observe all troop movement and even missions in preparation.

All this does is making countering, turtling and defensive play even stronger than before, as nothing else was changed to promote "skillful" play.

You simply have less troops, with the same options of waging war as before.

• All this change does is making defending and turtling even better than it was previously. There is a reason why overrunning your oppontent is the standard and best meta tactic in the game, because nothing else works as good. You cannot attack intelligent in this game, its not possible, as all information is shared in the moment you start attacking and even before, as you can observe all troop movement and even missions in preparation.

PERFECT POINT!

With new meta conquering portals becomes almost impossible against active realm, unless they make fatal mistake.

I'm not saying that it is bad that we get such info, it is very helpful during the war, but conquering points of interest becomes so hard unless you somehow evaded having wars all together before that point in the game.

• Can i just point out at this time on s4 the situation of realms power (troops/development, wars) because of the rss reduction. 24h before ascension will begin only 1 realm is ready to ascend???

You call this balance?

at i1 there was at least 15-16 at the ascension time.....

• I agree that resource reduction has slowed my game to snail pace, there will be less action because making PVP troops will have to wait, I really do not understand why this was done, in the first server I felt that I had to play 24 hrs now I find I don't even want to spend 3 hrs playing

• Hey! Thanks for the input. I will watch that. The amount of Orbs should not have changed very much by the change (costs for upgrading Towers are increasing exponentially). It might be that the the power leve/ distribution of Orbs is more even between Realms somehow - so they do not concentrate so much on early ascending Realms?).

The reason for the resource change was to redirect resource flow a bit more to the map and making investing resources more feel like a decision.