Arkheim in Flames | War-Report

• Dear Arkheim players,

Murx is the target of a newly formed island3-wide anti-Murx-conspiracy! And in good Travian-fashion we need a war-thread to keep everyone informed who is not watching our borders 24/7. Additionally, at least half the fun of a war in a browsergame originates by communicating with exactly those people who try to burn your village to the ground ;(

We'll regularly write reports in here to keep the Arkheim-community up-to-date what happens at the frontlines.

Let's start with Day1:

We ascended on the 4th place. Quite on purpose I might add, right next to RON and Ancients. I won't go into the details why we chose to sit right next to our top2 rivals.

That's how it looked after the first 6 realms ascended:

2010a5ce86fdbbc4fa761a18e9d66065.jpg

And then - only hours after the TG was thankfully nerfed - we happened to spot several big attacks incoming from multiple big realms against our dear neighbours!

I am not kidding:

- Obathis attacked Ancients with 2,7m

- Silver Vales attacked Ancients with 2,5m

- Arkadia attacked RON with 4,1m

- Dreca attacked twice, with 1m and 600k

Immediately our helper-instinct activated and we checked the situation and travel times. What a coincidence, all those attacks were aimed at towers which were deconstructing and both realms, RON and Ancients, were so unlucky that the attackers arrived seconds before the tower were deconstructed for good!

Bravely we equipped our warlords to defend the peace but once Silver Vales and Arkadia realized that their evil surprise attack wouldn't work they both started new conquers. Arkadia with so many warlords, that we couldn't possibly help RON and the Silver Vales only with additional 3,2m - something we could still help Ancients with.

Basically we invested a lot of brainpower and time to perfectly counter their warlords and send them on their merry way:

f2bc9a3ae9d4838323bd5eeaba212ee5.jpg

Of course, we did the same for RON, wouldn't give one preference over the other!

f45e6e445c3dfdffabe9d50dd477505e.jpg

And do you know what they did? How they showed their gratitude? After we successfully prevented several attacks against their sovereignty?

THEY ATTACKED US!

sigh... slapped away our helping hand and stabbed their dagger deep into our wide open back!

In the meantime the big arcadia invasion was successful.. more or less...

d3bccfbc995ffbe20ed08194fb6ad32a.png

RON - unable to fend off such a mighty attack - can only watch how the invaders will increase their influence in the region further and Murx the caring neighbour is expecting a big building project soon. Once the Arcadia portal is finished RON will be in BIG trouble...

ROCK already is in trouble if anyone saw that:

99568c2a7eec143ad0aa166b8e822563.jpg

In some realms using Whirlwinds in PVP is punishable by prison, one can only hope for rock's sake that RON is not one of those strict realms.. :p

Tonights death toll

7096dab719ea6667324a81a5a1bfbb69.png

Have fun discussing the topic. We expect a proper declaration of war before you guys first attack us! :p

• In some realms using Whirlwinds in PVP is punishable by prison, one can only hope for rock's sake that RON is not one of those strict realms.. :p

Don't be too mean. We all know that all of the elven infatry look pretty much the same. Looking at that picture for the Whirlwinds was like playing a game of where is Waldo?

• Violet#II I think he is referring to the first screenshot. And to answer that question: I used the zoom from the browser. Generally you can play the game with 75% zoom.. much better overview.

This night exciting. It's amazing how many different Ancients and RON player are online throughout the night! 7 different players from the Ancients from 1am to 5am and 4 different players from RON as well. We had also 4 active players over the night, so we had our work cut out for us.

Because of our position we had to choose between defending one side with all warlords or both sides with half our warlords. We decided to be greedy and defended both sides.

Eastern flank: ~1am

5b2cfb174e791cd7c618422f71f473af.jpg

Eastern flank: ~3am and many fights later:

bf8b7987067c96c666dfe21a3529ef4d.jpg

Eastern flank: ~4am

d13582b3e3b3967697675a3ca568fae5.jpg

A little overview how our reports look like in the middle of the night :D

a8abd872b2799d167a0bf069dc5ec0e2.png

We repelled their attack! Do you spot the .. ehm.. curiosity on the next screenshot? ~5am

60ff7f573c50c145c976b073b3071079.jpg

Here, I magnified it for you!

c674aa05ebeac02ff6460509c4dca6b6.jpg

Bluntbeard casually raiding our tower, messing up several conquer attempts of his teammates for us (you cannot start conquering while a tower gets raided) #nospy

And then, in the morning at 6am, Arcadia entered the war. We were waiting for a formal war declaration but they apparently thought they need the element of surprise to catch us off guard!

e75e016e7406b68c425b6028111f41ef.jpg

If we jump ahead ~2hours that's how it looks:

0c3db8e33e09b4a6ae698353178fbd7e.jpg

Whew, that was a lot from the eastern front. Not sure I am up to do the same for the western front because the Russians were FAR more active during the night and pushed us hard (difficult to defend if half your army is on the other side of your empire -.-)

And a bug messed something up for us, but I'll tell you about that later, maybe.

Okay, let's do the western front. After all we don't want to waste perfectly good screenshots!

Western front ~1am:

b141fe5dc135b9b87026adc4ecd78c64.jpg

~3am

e59f75572f5ed9f1f355626b71bccee5.jpg

As you can see the 9,6m on the top are a real problem because they are ting up so many of our warlords, but the moment we go away from there, they will pounce. But somehow we had to defend the southern border as well, and you don't see it on the screenshot but they also tried to conquer in the north as well. But we did everything human and inhuman possible and after a hard fought night it looked relatively stable once the sun rose again.

8af58df03f1f7ec8917bb67dc62715c8.jpg

And then the bug hit us, in the south... we forgot that you cannot join a support with watch units if you have no own units in the tower. The option is not available and that's why we attacked ~35 of their half-dead warlords with 7 of our own. And after that again ~7 of our own. If we could have attacked together, that would have made a brilliantly good report, but because the system betrayed us we were beaten both times and lost the tower to the Russians #openaccessIknow

Enjoy the summary of the night:

7430d5dafc9423db754f4d110c1810f9.png

Beautiful to read, I know.. Being able to defend so efficiently while defending on both fronts, that really feels good. But it's not solely a testament to our skill - it's also because defending is easier than attacking, I admit it!! :p

/edit: If you are wondering why I am investing so much time to recap what happend at night, it's because most of our own members are sleeping at night and it's interesting to know what happened to our own warlords that we left "on watch" to bravely defend our realm and when you wake up in the morning they are back in the Ark - completely depleted ^^:saint::?:

• Breaking news, Silver Vales on their way to their second gate:

e701fe582f6d8d972f0ef59767c338b4.jpg

8a9e41d190615e51c43082696aaaa203.jpg

We are busy repelling conquer attempts, so we'll grant you this! Hope you appreciate it a lot!

Maybe you start deconstructing your north gate that way you can react in case your new gate is not close to our border when it's activated! :p

• so on 6/11 at 8:00 the great team of MUrx quit the game, the pressure was to great, i most confess that it was a great surprise to me, i speck ted more of a fight from them and not be quitters, as much as they humiliated TITAN last server, TITAN never quit and were there until the end. i an very disappointed on them , well maybe they will learn that what you give you should be able to take good luck mates

• @flash aka ROCK:

i speck ted more of a fight from them and not be quitters

Hehe, I can understand why you did not want us to leave the island. You (RON) were by far the ones who were benefiting most from the war:
    - Russians had way higher losses and they are the biggest competition for island4 -> longer fight means weaker opponent for you next island

- Additionally the longer we stay on island3 the more perfect tower-locations + supplies lvl12 you could steal from us! --> not gonna happen, sorry! :p

So we really had no choice, sure, we could have fought for 1-3 more days, but the losses we inflict you wouldn't have mattered no matter how efficient we do it. And sadly Arkheim heavily favors mass over skill. No matter how good you counter, you will be able to defend a big attack better than with 50% difference in losses. So if you have 3 times more troops even if you attack by randomly pressing buttons, you will eventually win.

That's why we decided not to boost your economy and make a run for it!

North Border

61a6e54e95f3ec81c981330d74ddf9a2.jpg

Eastern Border

3d1736d4f1b48a31a23b5d35fda6e2b6.jpg

Western Border

147e00cc961e1dfd1768477414b3db77.jpg

Overview

c12630829dd1186d795a16fe63224907.jpg

That was the situation at 10pm at which point we had to admit to ourselves: If we continue fighting in 24-48 hours they will have all our perfectly placed towers AND the lvl12 supplies in their realm, so basically we give them an eco-boost if we stay.

For me that was the deciding argument to leave the island. Our last attack was against Arcadia who very cockily tried to raid us next to our tower while we still have significant more WarPotential than they have themselves. Some would call that presumptuous! ^^

f8dc30417d6d7412394684d98ce49c06.jpg

After that last attack two people votekicked all our members to make sure that the realm + ark disappears. That way we were able to disappear in the middle at the night at a moments notice.

0fa0dfa4d5a45ff637e1b537bda96aa1.png

7bd76726ff175294bc23b65db741c9d9.jpg

All those ruins... I admit it is a bit satisfying that you didn't get our towers. But on the other hand, we paid dearly for it. The #1 realm is gone. All our strenuously won Arkpower is gone. The level advantage (faster troop-building, more xp, etc) is forever gone as well ;(

-------

Now we are on island2 again. I wouldn't be surprised if Immortalis now feels bullied by us and thinks that we are the bad guys, even though we are the victims this time!

/edit:

[05:13] GOFER: Well its a complement of sorts that Murx is using the technique to revive the realm i have tested on last server

[05:13] GOFER: Shame im the victim

[05:13] GOFER: Of my own discovery

[05:14] GOFER: Damn irony

ba52f54463706d0f8b11a4d99264a2d2.jpg

---

Final thoughts about this war:

I hope this serves as a prime example especially for midtier-realms how easy it is to beat a stronger realm if they band together.

Furthermore I personally (enti speaking here) think that teaming up against us was the right move if you wanted to prevent another easy Murx win at any price.
    Of course we would have preferred 2-3 realms not 6, but it was certainly a lesson in humility.

It hopefully encourages more PVP in the future!

If your neighboring realm looks delicious, ally yourself with the realm next to it and take their towers and orbs! You can do it. It's such a gigantic advantage to have twice the number of Warlords, even if you have the same warpotential in total, having twice as many warlords makes the difference!

• I can second that. And I really hope to see somebody from Murx swallowing this bitter pill of defeat one day, and then just stepping out and finally saying 'sorry' for using that crappy software for countering all attacks. It's really too easy to brag oneself into Master of the world while the rest of server plays as humans... I'm not saying it's illegal - as long as you know the mechanics of the game perfectly - the emphasis is more on nobody else even think it's fair to play chess against a supercomputer. Just be brave enough to admit this, and there's no need to be salty. Good luck!

Samo [RON]

• If you knew how much effort and activity is required to counter so perfectly... I'm kind of embarrassed that you consider our counters to be on a computer/AI level! Thank you for the compliment <3

Maybe we let you take a peek into how to do that but then on the other hand... that would really be like shooting oneself in one's own foot. Especially considering that - if you use enough people - you can overpower us despite our difference in knowledge, skill and activity.

Will certainly not apologize for being perfectionists. For that 'sorry' you can wait a long long time as far as I am concerned.

Actually we have thought about automating the process but it would be very very complex and if you want to do it properly it wouldn't be much faster than doing it manually...

/edit:

And I really hope to see somebody from Murx swallowing this bitter pill of defeat one day

If you had won 1on1 like we did against you last round, it would have been bitter. That I freely admit. But losing against 6 realms (all of whom were in the top10) is not bitter at all - on the contrary - it is expected. And we never for one second thought we could defend for a prolonged amount of time. Against such numbers a better understanding of the game is meaningless. At least in Arkheim as it is right now.

/edit2: By the way judging from your post you appear to be the salty one even though you managed to kick us off the island! How is that? Does something about your victory doesn't sit right with you...? (just speculating here)

• I can second that. And I really hope to see somebody from Murx swallowing this bitter pill of defeat one day, and then just stepping out and finally saying 'sorry' for using that crappy software for countering all attacks. It's really too easy to brag oneself into Master of the world while the rest of server plays as humans... I'm not saying it's illegal - as long as you know the mechanics of the game perfectly - the emphasis is more on nobody else even think it's fair to play chess against a supercomputer. Just be brave enough to admit this, and there's no need to be salty. Good luck!

Samo [RON]

Heya, with 'crappy software' you probably meant spreadsheet/Excel? I read your comment as a high praise, players making notes and using data to defend extremely efficiently.

Calling players "not humans", "supercomputer" or using a "software to counter all attacks" - let's all be more careful with these sort of comments. As we know, using scripts/bots/automating features is against the rules - and no one here has broken the rules.

:orb:

Now then, who will become the winning Realm and take home Arkheim - Realms at War T-shirts? Can Murx still raise and find allies? Who of the leading realms will be the first to pull the rug? Exciting!

• Well, we really messed up that last Arcadia counter... Because we forgot to save steven's (and faust's?) WLs... 30 minutes work and nothing to show for, that was so freaking bad, luckily no one noticed it :D

We only messed it up because we are no computers and mistakes do happen to humans once in a while no matter how diligent they are - we were otherwise occupied and when we remembered it, it was too late ;(