Let's discuss the forts and conquering

• Hello everyone,

Have you learned everything there is to learn about the forts and conquering yet? Plenty of questions out there, and I would like to start a thread where we share our feedback and suggestions when it comes to forts and conquering those.

Here's a few questions just to get you started:

• Do you like constructing and deconstructing your forts to grow the size of your realm?
    • What would you change about the construction times, if anything?
    • Would you change the number of forts you can own?
    • Have there been situations when forts can be "abused" to gain too great of an advantage?
    • Is there anything you would add to the forts, like new features?
    • How do you like conquering forts and the conquering timer?
    • How easy/hard is it to plan a strategy for the forts as a realm?
    • Does the game explain how the forts and conquering works, or are you left with questions?
  • Do you like constructing and deconstructing your forts to grow the size of your realm?

Yes, very much

• What would you change about the construction times, if anything?

Good timing I believe.

• Would you change the number of forts you can own?

It's good I believe, but I would consider relating the number of forts to character lvl to make earning xp more worthful

• Have there been situations when forts can be "abused" to gain too great of an advantage?

Not that I have related

• Is there anything you would add to the forts, like new features?

maybe relating fort lvl to influence over the map (like between enemy forts) or making higher fort lvl to have a bonus deffending

• How do you like conquering forts and the conquering timer?

I dont like it so far and havent seen many people doing it.

• How easy/hard is it to plan a strategy for the forts as a realm?

The pins work fine, but it would be better for leaders to have more pinns available. Also it could me better to know where forts CAN'T be built and maybe an option in strategy mode to place phantom forts or show the current forts range and "red" marks where forts wont be able to be built.

• Does the game explain how the forts and conquering works, or are you left with questions?

Every hint is shown the first time you visit a new feature, but sometimes the first time you see the hint isn't the moment you would use that information, like conquering forts in the first island isnt a useful hint. I think it would be good to have a button to show the hint again in the features

• Sorry but I don’t understand the concept of a limited number of forts at all.

The forts are needed as accumulator and generator of Orbs and as a means of increasing influence to capture supply.

However, when your Realm reaches the maximum number of forts, then capturing the enemy forts becomes useless, because due to their limited number you must to demolish the already built forts.

The amount of resources that supply brings is very small and rarely exceeds 25% of the total, even with the optimal location of the forts. In addition, supply disappears when you moving to a new island. Therefore, the expansion of influence is not a sufficient motivator to capture the forts from another Realm.

In this case, the only true strategy is:

a) the location of most of the forts near the ark. Orbs will accumulate here and it will be easiest to protect them here;

b) use a number of forts to advance to the borders of the neighbor. These forts are temporary. As soon as the fort is built and influence has grown, another fort is being built on the new site, and the newly built fort is demolished. A portal is placed near the borders for a quick transfer of troops to the border of a neighbor whom we will rob. The portal doesn't accumulate Orbs, so they immediately fall on the forts near your ark. It will be very difficult to return them by the enemy.

What needs to be changed for the forts to work?

First, increase the amount of resources received from supplies.

The second, and this is important, either to remove the limit on the number of forts, or don't to change the owner of the captured fort. In this case, the captured fort gains the status of occupied. The owner continues to receive half of the generated spheres and resources tied to the fort, and the player who occupied the fort receives the other half. The owner can try to remove the occupation, but cannot demolish the fort. The occupier may demolish the fort if he wants.

Of course, in this case the question arises whether most Realms will fall into the bondage of stronger neighbors. Maybe they will. But they will be freed with the Ascension to the new island of their overlord.