FAQ: Realms

• Can I found a new Realm?

No, Realms are generated as players reach level 5. However, you can easily switch Realms or invite others to join you.

How can I change Realms? Can I just leave?
    You can change Realms, but not leave without having a new one. Click on your avatar portrait -> Realm Finder to see a list of suggested Realms.
    If a Realm is open, you can join directly. If it is restricted, you have to apply and be accepted by that Realm. If the Realm accepts your application, you still have to confirm once more that you want to join!

Realms can also be closed to applications.
    You can send several applications at once.

What happens to my Forts when I change Realms?
    The Forts you own will start deconstructing. During the deconstruction time, members of your old Realm will be able to claim the Forts to prevent the loss of territory, if any of them have an open Fort slot.
    Your own Fort slots will immediately be free so you can start constructing new Forts in your new Realm. Orbs that were stored in the Forts will be transferred to the closest Fort that has free storage capacity.

How can we kick inactive players if more than half of our members are inactive?
    Start a vote to kick inactive players. Even if only one active player remains and votes, as soon as the timer runs out, it will succeed. Only players who voted will be counted in the final result once the timer is up.

Who is the Realm Leader?/What is a Diplomat?
    Currently, the first player spawning in a Realm will automatically have “Diplomat” status. It is marked by a yellow crown underneath the portrait.
    Currently, Diplomats only have additional rights to handle recruitment: they can set the Realm to Restricted or Closed, invite other players and accept applications. They cannot kick players without a vote.

Via the voting system, Diplomat rights can be given and taken to/from any Realm member. There can be multiple Diplomats at the same time, without a limit.

How do I gain Moonlight to level up my Realm?

There are three ways to collect Moonlight at the moment:

1. The Orbs your Realm holds continuously generate Moonlight over time. The more you have, the more Moonlight you gather. Orbs in Forts that are currenty deconstructing are not counted temporarily, but will produce Moonlight again when the deconstruction is finished and they move to a different Fort. Overflowing Orbs (if you don't have any Orb storage capacity anymore) also don't count.

2. Defeating the Goblin Barricades on the map gives your Realm a Moonlight bonus. The more members clear the Barricade, the better.

3. There are a couple of Realm quests you will solve automatically as you grow with your Realm. These give extra-Moonlight as well. Open the Quest Book and change to the second tab to see open Realm Quests and their rewards.

• Hi, as a second day player there is a lot I dont understand and the realm I am with do not communicate. What is the pin used for? and what does upvote and downvote mean when you click under the castle? Thanks in advance, Stiltskin, au

• Hi Stiltskin!

The pins are used to coordinate the Realm - leaders or other members who know the game well can tell others where to attack, donate, place the next fort or defend, for example. It is meant as a quicker and more obvious way of communication than typing in the chat. The votes there are to indicate that you agree or disagree with the suggestion.

If you have any suggestions about how to improve pins, please let us know!

• Hi Sanyadriel#II !
    in your video, I can't see the status of the first Fort. The first one has to be finished building before you can place the second. Is that the case? If it is fully built and you still get the error message for the second Fort, then it would be a bug we'd have to look into.

Please let us know :)

Kind regards

~Ry

• Hi Ryonda ,

yes, the first one was ready ...

I have talk to a very competend person of your team in discord :)

He looked today in my account and found the reason for this (stupid) situation.

I have conquered my first Fort from a leaving member while it was in deconstruction modus. This case didn't count for the quest "Start the construction of a new Fort"

He tried to help me, but nothing helped.

Now i will try a deconstruction (and another member of our realm take this Fort from me) and build a new FIRST Fort to solve the quest - and than i hope, that i can build a second one.

Sorry for the late replay.

Sanyadriel

P.S.: Yay - problem solved - the quest is gone :love:

• Hey Sanyadriel#II that is good to know, seems like an edge case we didn't think of! Thanks for reporting and letting me know the solution!

Zvezdan#II no, sorry - Forum and Discord along with the ingame hint texts are currently the only explanaitions we have. We are working on a proper tutorial for the game. If you have questions, there is usually somebody around to help you, though :)

• *snip...and letting me know the solution!

I set the Fort on "Deconstruct" and one of our realm-members claimed it. Than i had both Fort-slots free and started new. The quest had been solved in the moment my first Fort started to build. After this point all went the normal way...

May be it would make sense that it wouldn't be able to claimb the first Fort on the first Island?

• How do I gain Moonlight to level up my Realm?

There are three ways to collect Moonlight at the moment:

1. The Orbs your Realm holds continuously generate Moonlight over time. The more you have, the more Moonlight you gather. Orbs in Forts that are currenty deconstructing are not counted temporarily, but will produce Moonlight again when the deconstruction is finished and they move to a different Fort. Overflowing Orbs (if you don't have any Orb storage capacity anymore) also don't count.

2. Defeating the Goblin Barricades on the map gives your Realm a Moonlight bonus. The more members clear the Barricade, the better.

3. There are a couple of Realm quests you will solve automatically as you grow with your Realm. These give extra-Moonlight as well. Open the Quest Book and change to the second tab to see open Realm Quests and their rewards.